Araucaria pine tree, a symbol of Curitiba by Willian Menq CC BY-NC 2.0
1. What this city needs is another shopping mall.
2. This holiday weekend, what I’d really love to do is sit in a traffic jam for hours on end and then stay near the beach while it rains the whole weekend.
3. I’m so proud of how my city is preparing for the World Cup.
4. It’s ok, we won’t need a lift home after the party, we’ll just flag a taxi down on the street.
5. Didn’t we get the best games for the World Cup? I mean Iran v Nigeria and Honduras v Ecuador! I’m so excited.
6. Is it just me or is the traffic getting less and less every day?
7. Let’s go to Rua 24hs for a few beers and something to eat.
8. With my central heating, double glazing and tight-fitting doors and windows I hardly ever notice how cold it can get.
9. I’m sure the new metro system will be ready next year.
10. We have the most successful football teams in the world.
11. Curitiba International Airport is just so international.
The Oil Man, another symbol of Curitiba
12. I just can’t find an Italian restaurant in this city.
13. One thing you can be sure of, everything on sale at the market in Largo do Ordem on Sunday mornings is pure top quality.
14. I always stand to one side on the escalator in case other people want to get past.
15. It’s my birthday, so come on down to that German bar in Largo do Ordem for a big night out.
16. Carnival in Rio and Sao Paulo has got nothing on Curitiba.
17. The parks in this city are totally overrated.
18. When I grow up I want to be just like the oil man.
19. It’s impossible to get a decent drink around here so I’ll just have Nova Schincariol
20. Only R$15 for the toll road down to the beach?
21. Bridges? No thanks. Sitting in my car for 20 minutes watching a train cross the road really chills me out.
22. I hate pine trees.